About

My name is Jessie! I am 21 years old and go to Louisiana State University. I am on the LSU colorguard. I love my life. I created this blog because I want to start sharing my ideas with everyone. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Damask End Table

The finished Product!! 

After all of this, I am very happy with the ending product.  Comment if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.  I will say this was my first decoupage project and I LOVE it. Enjoy!


First off, I purchased this little end table at a garage sale for 3 dollars. It was very simple and unfinished wood, which I was VERYY happy about.  Unfinished wood is much easier than finished wood, because it requires very minimal sanding.  I began priming with Kilz 2 Primer.  Be sure that you remove the furniture of all dust first.  As you can see below, I primed all of the table. 


After finishing priming, I did some light sanding.  Next I painted the table a teal-ish color called Cozumel by Behr.  After that I used mod podge and spread over the table. Then I took the fabric and spread it over the table. After drying, I did more layers of mod podge, sanding between each with very fine paper.  I finished the table with Royal Coat by Plaid and some Polyacrylic finish.  Above, shows after the first layer of mod podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment