About

My name is Jessie! I am 21 years old and go to Louisiana State University. I am on the LSU colorguard. I love my life. I created this blog because I want to start sharing my ideas with everyone. Enjoy!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Handmade Sunburst Mirror


I made this mirror for under 10 dollars! So simple to make, and will get you lots of compliments! I found all the supplies I needed at Hobby Lobby. 

What you'll need:
Super Glue
Thin Wooden Sticks
Spray Paint (any color you choose)
Glitter Spray Paint (optional)
Styrofoam (Circle Shaped)
Circle Mirror

First off, you can use any type of sticks you please, I used the ones pictured below. 


First, I took these sticks and stuck them in the circle piece of styrofoam.  You can place them anyway you like.  After, spray paint the sticks.  Once the color I wanted showed, I added the glitter spray to make the mirror sparkle!  Next, put super glue on the back of the mirror and then secure it to the circle piece of styrofoam.  Let it dry and then there you have it! An astonishingly elegant piece of wall decor to brighten the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment