About

My name is Jessie! I am 21 years old and go to Louisiana State University. I am on the LSU colorguard. I love my life. I created this blog because I want to start sharing my ideas with everyone. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fact or Fiction: 7 Day Diet


Link to the Diet

While I was browsing around pinterest I stumbled upon a diet that lasts for seven days. After completion of this diet, one should lose from 10-17 pounds. This seemed VERY unusual to me... SO I'm going to try it. Throughout the week I will post what I did, and record my weight loss (if any!) By the end we should see whether this diet truly works!

Day One - February 23, 2012
This day is a fruit only day! Eat any fruit except bananas on this day. Drink water. That's it. It's a good thing I love fruit though, because this would be awful if not. The diet says to drink as many as 8 glasses of water. With this mix of fruit and water, you will most likely have to pee more than usual. Haha. I'll fill you in about weight loss and tomorrows journey to day two (baked potato and vegetables).

Day Two - February 24, 2012
This day is a vegetables and potato day. I started the day off with half of a baked potato and some broccoli. This is the best part of the day in my opinion. During lunch I had an assorted mix of veggies, but I couldn't finish it. I like vegetables, but not enough to have them for a whole day! Haha This is why I'm saving the rest of my potato for dinner. I'm half way through the day, having cravings and feeling hungry. This is normal though. Weight wise I've stayed constant, not a serious loss. But, it's only the second day and I'm not finished it yet. I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow, so I can have fruit too! I'm also drinking a lot of water, that's important!

Day Three - February 25, 2012
This is a fruit and vegetable only day. No potatoes this day. I basically only ate fruit this day and a little vegetables.  By this day, I started losing my appetite for sweets and vegetables.  I could not wait to move to the next day.

Day Four - February 26, 2012
Today is the Banana, Milk, and Soup.  Sounds disgusting I know, but it actually isn't! Today is actually my favorite day so far! You are supposed to consume as many as 8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk, along with your soup.  How I made this day turn into my favorite?  I made a smoothie for breakfast! Cut up, and freeze your bananas, add the milk and BLEND.  It is actually pretty good! I also am in love with bananas, sooo today wasn't too bad for me.  The soup isn't bad either, I added some Tony's, garlic, and onion powder. Weight loss wise I woke up 3 pounds less today.

Day Five - February 27, 2012
Today was Beef and Tomatoes day, soup too if you want.  Nottttt really my favorite!! BUT. I am sticking to it. Yuck. I am noticing a difference in my body though. My waist is a little smaller. I used ground beef with some seasonings today and diced the tomatoes and mixed it in.  Not the most appetizing meal, but not too bad either.

Day Six and Seven - February 28/29, 2012
So, Day six was beef and vegetable day, which I followed.  Then, day seven was brown rice and vegetable day.  I SERIOUSLY felt like I was starving myself. SO, I gave in and ate more for dinner.

SO. Fact or Fiction you might ask!?  WELL. honestly I am sure it is a fact that this "Diet" works.. BUT, to me, I feel it is highly unhealthy.  Each day I felt incredibly hungry.  And, I honestly feel like you don't get enough nutrients. But, I definitely have learned from this diet.  To eat only until I'm full, not past that. Eat good portions.  And most importantly, I tried a lot of new things which I came to love.  They will definitely start to be an every day part of my diet.  In the end, I don't necessarily recommend this to anyone. Yes, I lost a good bit of weight, BUT who's to say when I start eating normal again the pounds won't come back.  In my honest opinion, eat right, exercise, and you will lose weight.

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment